boot spoiler

bunnykin

Hi Please can anyone help me. I have brought my daughtera vw lupo for her first car its a 1L in silver but the car is not jazzed up enough for her style she would of love a sport or GTI but this is in her dreams as her first car. I have managed to pick her up some secondhand alloys but what she really wants is a rear spoiler for christmas, i have been to our local vw dealers and they have told be that i need to buy a whole new boot as the spoiler is attached to it.. Do any of you know where i can get one from new or secondhand i live in the channel islands so there is no car breakers over here. any help would be very much appericated.

Edited by bunnykin

Spoilers are like gold dust for lupo's or so I have been told. It might be worth trying to find a lupo that's been in a crash to get parts off that, but again not all sport models came with the spoiler.

VW have told you a heap of crap. I have just had a new spoiler put on my GTI. Not cheap though @ £199 + paint + high level break light £48-ish at a VW dealer.

The problem with a used one is that it will most likely have bubbling paint due to water ingress through the weak high level brake light seal.

Once the paint has bubbled it will keep coming back.

LupoBoz, in the dealer section sells the OEM high level brake lights for a good price: £25 posted when I purchased mine, but I'm not sure if he can source the spoiler. Worth a query though.