lupo 1.4 auto problems!!!!!

hey everyone. iv got a 1.4 16v lupo E auto and am having a few problems. first one is when i pull up at traffic lights and pull my handbrake up the engine starts grunting and trying to move forward. its almost as if the accelerator is being tapped every other second or so and the longer you stay stationary the stronger the grunting gets, my grandad who owned the car said it sometimes would stall the engine if at lights to long.

the second one is when you are going about 40mph when it gets into its final gear it makes a weird vibrating noise and you can feel the steering wheel judder ever so slightly but if you put your foot down it drops a gear and stops, only happens in final gear.

and the third and final is the engine check light comes and goes, done it 3 times in last year, called out the aa the other day and they couldnt read the fault. but the bloke said all the problems sound like transmision faults because their computers wont read early 2001 transmission faults only later 2001 onwards.

all the garages say they dont know and need the car to experiment but cant afford the cost of messing around with things it might be, so was wondering if anyone out their has had any of these problems and could please help me

your help is much appreciated, many thanks, dan