New member looking for a TDI

Josh290

Hey, new to this site, i currently own a peugeot 106, but im looking to buy a diesel lupo with economy in mind. a few questions; could anyone tell me the fuel economy difference between the 1.4 petrol and the 1.4 tdi model? and also could anyone tell me the difference in economy for the 1.7 sdi and the 1.4 tdi. i have looked at the specs mpg wise, but im after an actual owners opinion. any help would be much appreciated :)

1.4 sport petrol I got about 40mpg... 250 miles to £25 but that was back when petrol was £1 a L!

Never had a TDi but I imagine around 60mpg is easyy!

TDi & SDi are same on spec, I'd say the TDi figures are more achieveable because it's more powerful :) therefore you don't need your foot as far down on the accelerator to get the same power out

sdi is more like the new blumotion eco drive things.

tdi - i have one and i love it just a remap gives you alot more power and alot more MPG when i am driving sensably i can get about 350 out of one tank of 30 quid.

i may be selling mine. not sure yet thou i shall keep you posted. my thread is on my sig if you wanna have a deeks.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Seems like the tdi is definitely the one to go for over the petrol 1.4 then as i'll be commuting to uni everyday and need the best mpg i can get, 60mpg sounds lovely!

AlexTRea - just had a read though your thread, car is sweet mate, love the colour, haven't seen any for sale in that colour actually. If you were to sell it what type of price would you be looking for? just to give me an idea... because for the right price id actually bite your hands off! :blush:

TDI will always be more economical than a 1.4 petrol, I've had both and used to get around 45mpg from my 1.4s driving carefully. 60mpg is quite easy in the TDI.

But the TDI costs more to buy and diesel costs a little more than petrol, so bear that in mind. The TDI will hold more of it's value when you come to sell though.

yeah i have noticed that the tdi's all seem to be at about the £3000 mark, which is quite a bit more then id like to spend, i'll have to see how much i can get for my little 106 in p/x. cheers for the reply :)