Cruise Control

Hi guys, trying to put cruise control on my Arosa 1.4TDi but run into a problem, I have fitted my switches and all the correct binary numbers appear in module 022 measuring block all apart from the enable ( 00000X ) value, all the others work for ON ( 0000X0 ), Resume, Set, Off, Clutch and Brake. It is activated in VAGCOM and everything works bar this which makes it not work, I am getting a 12v supply into ECU pin 14 which I should.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks Mark

I have used the 12v for the black wire and PIN 14 from the wiper stalk as it is ignition live but wondering if it is just a single burst of 12v or is a constant 12v to run.

In the Bin Bits of Measuring Block 022

OFF - 000000

ON - 000010

SET - 000110

Res - 001010

However the enable should read 000001 i believe but have no idea why it is not working, anyone got any ideas? The component name has the G in it and the cars revs will drop from 2000rpm when the brake is pressed.

Thanks Mark

Have you checked the wiper 12v feed that you are using with a with a multimeter?

In the end I wired my cruise control up properly into the fusebox. I found that the wire from fuse 30 went to a white connector block with nothing connected to the other side, so used it to power the cruise.

Have you checked the wiper 12v feed that you are using with a with a multimeter?

In the end I wired my cruise control up properly into the fusebox. I found that the wire from fuse 30 went to a white connector block with nothing connected to the other side, so used it to power the cruise.

Thanks for getting nack to me Jon, yeah I have checked the voltage feed and I get a constant 12v to the ECU pin, I wondered if it was activated so I deactivated it and looked at the 022 field and was not getting any values when I pressed my buttons, but then reactivated it and all the values were as they were, I have checked the brake pedal and clutch pedal switches and they are fine, just this first enable is not working.

I was wondering if perhaps my ECU cannot work with it even though I am 99% completed as mine is a 51 plate Arosa but I would imagine it should since I have the read outs on the VAGCOM.

Most peoples threads I have read say that theirs just worked straight away, I've tried driving at different speeds, holdng the SET button for a few seconds but still nothing due to this enable issue.

Any other ideas would be great.