Advice on coilover fitting (pic)

Paul_c

Well I've finally found a lupo to go with the Coilovers I bought over a month ago... lol!! :D

It’s a 52 plate 1.0 SE in fresco green (one of only two colours (+black) available I believe).

Totally standard for now apart from the 2years of chestnut tree sap and crud all over the

Car! :( …oh, and only one wing mirror, weight saving perhaps?! ;)

If I get the time I was planning to fit these TA technix Coilovers at the weekend and was

looking for some advice…

I appreciate the end ride height is up to me but if I was looking to start with a 40-60mm drop

how far up the strut should I wind the adjuster. Also should the spring assistors be above or

Below the main spring..or should I remove them all together?

Everyone likes a picture…

As a previous post explained I bought them second hand but after cleaning them up and

Freeing off the adjusters they are almost unrecognisable and look nearly new! :shades:

32521_426892204934_583049934_5443394_119329_n.jpg

Put them on the car and you'll soon find out how much you'll need to adjust them.

Dependant on wheel size where you have them set in that picture will be quite low though, at a guess closer to 80-100mm rather than the 40-60mm that you're looking for.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Tbh they are randomly wound as i've recently cleaned them so moved the adjusters up and down a few times...

So, the lower the adjusters the lower the car will be?! Right, i was thinking the other way around, but that makes sense! :lol: More spring travel lower the car. Less spring travel higher the car- Gotcha! :blush: I have no documentation for them, even had to aquire c spanners.

Would you (or anybody else) recommend i change the top(rubber) mounts and any other components at the same tiem as fitting the coilies?

:tumbleweed:

Edited by Paul_c

Yes you've got it in one, set them to a height you think will be sensible, usually around half way, then go down from there.

If you have no idea when they were done then I'd change the top mounts.