wheel bearing?

my lupo has been humming its tits off and has got louder, when i turn right the humming stops then when i straighten up it comes on again, is this the wheel bearing that is knackerd?

Its very, very likely to be a worn wheel bearing. My left front started gradually humming and got slowly worse over time (and louder at higher speeds). Its not a major emergency though - you can leave it until it gets pretty loud - just depends on how long you can stand it!!! I got mine done after a few weeks - I was told by the trustworthy mechanic that there are two parts to the wheel bearing (inner and outer). If its just the outer bearing, then it'll be pretty cheap, but if both inner and outer have gone, its quite dear and a bit of a faff. I ended up paying about £120 I think - parts and labour. Not cheap, and I'm sure I may have got it cheaper but I'm not an expert and didn't wanna do it myself. To be honest, I was just glad it was a wheel bearing and not the clutch going!