warning light, need help please!

mackojnr

Hi all, I have a Lupo from 2000 and I have recently noticed a warning light that looks like a styalised engine icon with check in the middle with a small electric symbol above it and I am unsure as to what this means, I have checked in the manual and cannot see it.

The car feels a tad rough, I have check the alternator and the belt seems instact and the engine temp is as normal so can I rule this out, would it be an engine/emmisions system issue ?

Any help would be much appreciated as 2 months ago I had to part with nearly 700 quid for a service!

Cheers, Chris.

You have a Vauxhall Lupo? :P

Do you mean you have 2 warning lamps? I cant remember what ones there are. When you say its running rough, is it firing on all cylinders properly? Lupos have issues with the coil pack and leads.

Look mate, just take it to a garage, any garage, doesn't have to be a stealership. Ask for a computer diagnosis - the little car will tell you what's wrong with itself! With mine, exhibiting the same symptoms, it was the EGR valve that needed replacing ... at £156!!! Pffft.