Window not working

vdubgti

Hello all

My front windows wont go down with the driver side remotes, they work goin up but not down, i checked all the fuses which are all fine, even checked to see if the connection was loose, which it isn't. when i click the buttons up i can hear it "click" as if to say the windows will work goin up, but when i click down i hear nothing.

Do i have faulty buttons? surly they both cant stop working at the same time??

cheers for any useful info.

Ye same i have a lupo and the drivers side window works perfectly but the passenger side doesn't work at all,, i can hear it trying to work like a click, thats why i think its a loose connection but cant seem to fix it :(

take the door cards off and make sure no wires have gotten caught first off. do it carefully so you dont break the fragile pins.

then check the buttons themselves, take the button surround out and make sure the case of the switch is closed fully as if the little tabs break, the window will only work in one direction as i found the other day.

if thats not the case, and the switch is sealed completely, theres a thread on here in the tech section on splitting the switch and cleaning the boards and fragile metal disks.

be very very very carefull splitting the switch as you could very easily break the tabs off and be left with a broken switch cse and need a new one regardless.

I discovered that this is a common fault. I had the exact same problem where I can hear the button click but the window wasn't moving. After paying to replace the motor, I found out all it was the runners the window is on sticking. I just popped out the interior door panels and had someone pull the window down (not yank) while I pressed the button and I was told to lubricate the runners now and then (every 4-5 months)to stop it sticking in future. Dashboard cleaner was advised as been the perfect lubricant. I'd give it a try before trying to replace the motor/regulator. I have had this issue on both passenger and driver electric windows and both were the exact same I have to persuade them to work now and then but so far no other problems with them.

Edited by Matt_Matt