A Couple Of Questions.

714GT

Picked up my first Lupo yesterday and I have a couple of questions.

I may just be that I'm used to driving my Mk3 so much that it all seems a bit different but;

Is the clutch pedal physically quite high on all Lupos?

And also, selecting reverse is catches a bit, almost as if I've not pressed the clutch down enough (even though its as far as it will go)....

Anyone got any insight on this for me?

Thanks

:)

Is the clutch pedal physically quite high on all Lupos?

Do you mean the biting point or the location of the pedal itself?

If you mean the biting point is high this could mean that the clutch is worn, the issue about engaging reverse could also be the sign of a worn clutch? I'm not so sure on that so hopefully someone else can offer advice on that issue.

The physical position of the pedal is a bit strange (in comparison to bigger/higher powered cars I've owned). For example if the car is parked up and the clutch pedal is in its 'natural' position, you can actually pull the clutch pedal up a couple of inches with no resistence which I found a bit weird. I found that this resulted in my foot being caught under the clutch pedal if you have big plates like me (size 12!)

The other thing I noticed when I bought the car 3 years ago is that I got a really bad aching in my right foot from the accelerator pedal. This is consistent with what you're saying about the pedal being high.....if you have long legs your foot then has to be stretched back towards your shin to accomodate the pedal :angry: but you find this wears off after a while once get used to the position.

If you're a midget then please disregard points 2 & 3 above!!

Don't let this put you off, I wouldn't swap my GTi for anything :D

Edited by darkhorse1210

And also, selecting reverse is catches a bit, almost as if I've not pressed the clutch down enough (even though its as far as it will go)....

Anyone got any insight on this for me?

Thanks

:)

Yea mine always used to do this as well, still does now as well when its warm with the mk4 box in??