Help needed! 3 problems

MickB

Hello again boys and girls!

As all of you probably have noticed we had a nice day today again, so I went to the car to work on some annoying things...

First thing:

When I bought a car the plastic foam was sticking out from underneath the 'glove' shelf. I was hoping that I can just loosen up the dashboard in this area and re-fit the matt again..... BUT it seems that it's mission impossible! I suspect that this is not a part from my car, cause there's no way it could nicely go everywhere I want...!! Please have a look:

4528862908_031754cf9d_m.jpg

4528861414_72357a912d_m.jpg

4528864560_9b82842b19_m.jpg

Do you know if there is a chance to fit it where it should be? Does anybody have a little experience in fitting this element? Please help! :blush:

UPDATE UPDATE!! I've managed to put it back in place!! And it... fits! It's not a perfect fit, but nothing is sticking out! So there's a chance to put it back without the need of using double-sided tape. I've advised my mate (Golf Mk4 to do the same: remove and put back again, cause he had the same problem).

Problem No 2:

Some time ago I've posted on the forum a query regarding a leak in my engine (it's here: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=63421&st=0&p=765434entry765434 )

Today I've taken some more pictures and I think I know where the problem is coming from:

4528869028_02f360f9b1_m.jpg

4528867592_21feef15c9_m.jpg

4528866140_2d1467f8cc_m.jpg

Please, please, please do you know what is this part and how expensive it is to repair?

Problem 3

Finally, I've taken some pictures from underneath the car:

4528240137_ac6c81020e_m.jpg

4528238591_3959f183ca_m.jpg

4528241625_27ab07d7cf_m.jpg

Are these waves of 'plaster' something normal or my car has been badly damaged at some point in the past? I hope that it was just some German engineer having fun in Volksburg....

Please advise!

Also do you know a good VW mechanic in West London? Who you could recommend to fix my Lupo...

Thank you VERY much in advance.

Cheers

MickB

Edited by MickB

panel seale nothing to worry about,answer to first one if you notice ther are 2 holes about halfway along and they are to attach it to the heater if you hold it up you will see what i mean,it is held up no other way other than that and tucked into the ledge of the parcel shelf,mine fall out quite often,

panel seale nothing to worry about,answer to first one if you notice ther are 2 holes about halfway along and they are to attach it to the heater if you hold it up you will see what i mean,it is held up no other way other than that and tucked into the ledge of the parcel shelf,mine fall out quite often,

Hi

Thank you. The problem with this foam element is that if I'll attach using these 2 mounting points you've mentioned it still doesn't reach far enough to 'lock' at the edge parcel shelf... I thought that it needs to go in between something, but it doesn't look like it's long enough... It's strange...

Cheers!

Hi

Thank you. The problem with this foam element is that if I'll attach using these 2 mounting points you've mentioned it still doesn't reach far enough to 'lock' at the edge parcel shelf... I thought that it needs to go in between something, but it doesn't look like it's long enough... It's strange...

Cheers!

there is nothing for it to ledge under it just sits there i am afraid the only other way to make it stay is use double sided tape

there is nothing for it to ledge under it just sits there i am afraid the only other way to make it stay is use double sided tape

Thanks,... I think we should send an official complaint about this part to VW headquarters! :lol:

I thought that each and every element in German car should fit perfectly... obviously I was wrong.

Cheers!