Lumpy Lupo

Hi all, the missus just bought a Lupo!!!

Anyway. It some times fails to start and sounds like theres no fuel. after a few attempts it will start but will run lumpy and then idle at 1000 rpm. this lasts for about 30 seconds then all is normal and runs really well. Temperature guage doesnt work. so, can the sensor cause these fueling issues?

Thanks in advance.

P.S its a 1.0 MPI 2000 'W' 54000 miles.

I am not sure on this but I think if the temp sensor has gone it can give the car incorrect temp readings and then causes under / over fueling as the car thinks its hotter / colder than what it is.

Yeah, thats the sort of response i was expecting. thanks for the replies and the welcome from dj-jay.lol Gonna have a go at it tommorow using the guide on here. Will keep you updated. Cheers. Rich.

Well...Went to change the sensor today, but i dint get the vw part (naughty naughty). I got it from GSF and they have given me the wrong one. Even though i supplied them witht the part number and the car registration. :/ Anyway, The one they gave me had a square connector, only to find the lupo has got and arched connector.lol so im off to vw on monday to get the genuine one, for the sake of and extra £14 might as well.lol Will keep this updated. Cheers All.

Cars is all sorted now and staring/ running issues have gone. got the sensor from Euro car parts for £22 as my local stealer wanted £35. Very easy to change and followed one of the "How to" guides on here. Thanks for all the help. :)