anyone. really important. mk1 golf engine buissness.

took it in for a service other day. i dont know why i did because it was running perfect. drive off and the guy forgot to put my washer tank back on so it got mangled in the engine. all the way home it was running slow. slower than my 1l lupo. and this is a gti. so i get back and it wouldnt start in the morning. took me 1 hour messing about with it. then later on that day my girlfriend points out there is loads of oil on the floor. so i take it back to garage and he fills it back up and puts some bolts on. saying it was partly both our faults. :S:S so he got some glue stuff and sealed the tank up. (looks a right mess) and he didnt realise the pipe to the jets was also split so im now left with that...

so i took it and it was running ****. like struggling to move. booked it in for monday to get him to sort it out. then this morning it was all dry underneath. i start it up leave it to warm up for 10 mins. pull it out my drive and there is oil all over. i drive it along my st to turn it round and put it back and there is a thick line of oil where i went. so all the oil has gone out of the engine.

what do i do?

sounds to me like the oil filter is loose, as you state no oil standing still once up and running the pump will take oil round the motor and eventually leak from the filter maybe, i done this a long time ago just simply forgot to tighten it right up eventually spining loose andthrowing the oil out., i would'nt take it back there tbh sounds proper ruff.