clutch bite point too low

right gonna sound like a total thicko now, clutch....... cable or hydralic

reason i ask is there is a load of travel on my clutch peddle and the bite point is very close to the floor, makes stalling a doddle..lol

any pointers on this..

thanx in advance

It will be cable, i believe the cable adjusters for them are just to the right hand side of the block/head, just on top of the box, two little nuts (second to hold the postition)

ill have a gander 2moro then.... weird cause its only when you pull away, the rest of the gears are fine. but hey ive never driven a lupo before am im used to the passats hydralic clutch

As Mark stated, you can adjust the biting point by tightening the nut at the end of the clutch cable which is located to the right of the engine block. If this doesn't solve it id suggest a new clutch cable (around 10-15 quid from dealers). If the problem gets progressively worse then could be pedal box, take a look at the pedal box thread, very common problem which could possibly be sorted for free by dealer. Hope this helps.

As Mark stated, you can adjust the biting point by tightening the nut at the end of the clutch cable which is located to the right of the engine block. If this doesn't solve it id suggest a new clutch cable (around 10-15 quid from dealers). If the problem gets progressively worse then could be pedal box, take a look at the pedal box thread, very common problem which could possibly be sorted for free by dealer. Hope this helps.

pedal box was done before i got it.... ill give the adjuster a twist and see what happens

too cold....im a whimp.... its one of them new fangled self adjusting ones that ive read so much nice stuff about..... can you manualy adjust em.... i guess its a matter of loosening one nut off and tightening up the other one.

answered my own question by reading the first reply

durrrrrrrrrr

Edited by weedwhacker

I wont be a self adjusting one tbh.

Its a 10mm and a 13mm nut thats on the cable. crack the nuts and tighten the 13mm until the spring is fully compressed, then lock the nuts together, job done.