central locking fuse keeps blowing!!

Rudaz

fuse blown in number 41 i think it is for the central locking, so i replaced it ...then it blew so i changed it from 15 to 20amp and it still blew, only thing is it is fine and works a treat every time...until i open my drivers door fully then it blows. any ideas??? guessing its water or something getting in the fuse board, but its just this one fuse, everything else is A OK :huh:

Could be the micro switch that is in the door, common fault i believe. It will also affect the alarm if it is the switch and is located on the drivers door somewhere.

Not a lot of info, i know, but its a start.

Cheers, James.

Could be the micro switch that is in the door, common fault i believe. It will also affect the alarm if it is the switch and is located on the drivers door somewhere.

Not a lot of info, i know, but its a start.

Cheers, James.

humm alarms always been ok as to date, cant test the alarm, because its the same fuse :P

i cant wind my passenger window up from the drivers side either (although it goes down fine!) and i have tried 3 different switches in it but all do the same!

im windering if the two things are linked, might have a look tomorrow, can anyone give me an idea on the best way to get to the wiring behind the fuse box?? thanks danny