Couple of little problems

Recently had a new clutch kit, pedal box, 3 new bulbs, brakes service and battery (within the last week) - Here's a couple of new things..

Problem one:

My brake lights are staying on when the pedal's up. I don't always know when this is happening, I can just sometimes see the rear reflection on signs at night. It takes a couple of taps of the brake pedal and they turn off, but i'm sure it's pretty confusing for other drivers..

It's either something to do with the new pedal box or brake light connection that has just been sorted.. Any suggestions, or a garage job?

Problem two:

The ancillary control that directs the heaters won't turn so the fans point towards the windscreen. Literally, the knob won't turn to face upwards. I haven't had anything to do with these controls sorted on the car recently but it was fine before it came out of the garage about 3 days ago.

Any help would be great.. I'm having to wind my window down to clear the screen and it's bl**dy cold!!

Thanks, Laurence