grill removal problem and lights numbers

hi, i have serched for how to remove the lights and grill on here so please dont shout at me :(

i need to replace my driverside dipped light and my passangerside side light, do these have codes and if so what are they?

and i tried to remove the grill a while back and unscrewed the 2 screws and it still wouldnt move :blush: is this normal should i just pull it abit harder? or what?? :confused:

help would be much appresieated thanks :)

If you are talking about the black grille and not the plastic part where the indicators are then all the screws on the black grill is easily visible and are clipsed down to the thing beneath it.

Mine was very easy to unclip since the clown who owned the car before me has broken all the clips.. :angry:

And the lights are held on place with 4 screws I think. To at the top, one at the side and one at the bottom that hides behind the plastic part that goes under the lights.

If you are talking about the black grille and not the plastic part where the indicators are then all the screws on the black grill is easily visible and are clipsed down to the thing beneath it.

Mine was very easy to unclip since the clown who owned the car before me has broken all the clips.. :angry:

And the lights are held on place with 4 screws I think. To at the top, one at the side and one at the bottom that hides behind the plastic part that goes under the lights.

thanks for the reply mate.

do u no if both the black bit and the bit that holds the idicators come of together because i tried to remove the black bit and it seemed stuck to the other bit just next to were the screws were. and also dose the lower bit just pull off?

To change to actual headlight units then you will need to take the main panel with the indicators off the front. It is held on at both sides by 2 push pop pins attached the the car wings. They can be a real pain in the ass to get out and you dont want to break them as they cost around £2.50 EACH plus VAT to replace at Volkswagen