16v sport running/starting issues

Hapnin. Trying to get the girls lupo out of hibernation but having problems.

Firstly i stripped and cleaned the throttle body and replaced the G28 sensor as it was throwing up a fault each time after clearing it. There were other faults related to fueling we forgot to take note of :rolleyes: but i can get it on VAG COM again shortly.

Symptoms are it will start from cold, EML light on (and EPC intermittant) and rev ok till 4.5k then its like its hitting the limiter though the revs bounce more.

Once hot it will bounce from 500-1k revs and wont rev any higher at all with throttle. then it dies and wont start again till cool.

Any idea's guys? it was ok till it sat idle for 3 months.

could be a number of things, fuel filter, spark plugs, idle control valve, unsuccessful throttle body rebuild etc. Can't pinpoint a fault for you I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway.

should say the fuel filter is new and the problem was there before the throttle bode was stripped and cleaned ;)

Ill be chucking plugs and a coilpack at it anyway but im sure its fuel related but vagcom will help once i can get it scanned again

i have the same problem with my sport but we have done a pedel box on it and we think its the electronic throtle is in the wrong place also if the car hasent been run like mine and yours it will leave carbon on the lambda sensors so tey dont get a proper reading if you havent already try driving the car for about 10mins untill its run up to temp and it should clear the carbon off the sensors

i have the same problem with my sport but we have done a pedel box on it and we think its the electronic throtle is in the wrong place also if the car hasent been run like mine and yours it will leave carbon on the lambda sensors so tey dont get a proper reading if you havent already try driving the car for about 10mins untill its run up to temp and it should clear the carbon off the sensors