Wipers gone mad!

Dicky 4 Arosa!!!

Hi all,

I've owned my Arosa for almost 2 years now and it has been almost trouble free. However, a little while ago the rear wiper stopped working for a time. Soon after it started working again (of its own accord), the front wipers would turn on as I turned the key in the ignition - whatever setting the wiper stalk was on. The wipers were going and would only stop either: as I turned a corner; at a random point in the journey; or only when I turned the engine off.

Obviously this has been a major problem - I was going through a lot of screen wash! A mechanic got the front wipers to work properly by removing the fuse for the rear wiper as a quick fix. Since I wanted the car to be in full working order - rear wiper included - I took it back when I could do without it. He fitted a new switch for the rear wiper and it all worked perfectly... for a whole bloody week!!! He has had to take the rear wiper fuse out again to stop the wipers staying on permanently. Does anybody have any ideas to fix the wipers properly? Has it happened to you?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Rich

Hi all,

I've owned my Arosa for almost 2 years now and it has been almost trouble free. However, a little while ago the rear wiper stopped working for a time. Soon after it started working again (of its own accord), the front wipers would turn on as I turned the key in the ignition - whatever setting the wiper stalk was on. The wipers were going and would only stop either: as I turned a corner; at a random point in the journey; or only when I turned the engine off.

Obviously this has been a major problem - I was going through a lot of screen wash! A mechanic got the front wipers to work properly by removing the fuse for the rear wiper as a quick fix. Since I wanted the car to be in full working order - rear wiper included - I took it back when I could do without it. He fitted a new switch for the rear wiper and it all worked perfectly... for a whole bloody week!!! He has had to take the rear wiper fuse out again to stop the wipers staying on permanently. Does anybody have any ideas to fix the wipers properly? Has it happened to you?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Rich

Hey mate,

Yeah i've had the same problem as you. My problem was put down to the connection pipe to the rear wash/wipe being disconnected, so every time i went to spray the back window most of the fluid would leak down the pipe and into the wiring! After drying the loom off and reconnecting the pipe it worked perfectly and has ever since (touch wood :P).

The connection is behind the rear door panel (under the back side window).

Hope this helps a little mate! =)

Cary

Hey mate,

Yeah i've had the same problem as you. My problem was put down to the connection pipe to the rear wash/wipe being disconnected, so every time i went to spray the back window most of the fluid would leak down the pipe and into the wiring! After drying the loom off and reconnecting the pipe it worked perfectly and has ever since (touch wood :P).

The connection is behind the rear door panel (under the back side window).

Hope this helps a little mate! =)

Cary

That is brilliant! Thanks very much - the back window spray has always ended up in the boot catch after spraying it - if it has gone into the wiring that would explain the wiper trouble.