Front and rear lights fogging up

Arosa FR

I tried to get that changed under warranty, but apparently GermCar won't accept that particular defect as a warranty matter, strangely enough, they consider that as normal, apparently my local Seat dealer had a customer come in with an inch of water in the headlight, when they had removed it, packaged it and sent it to GermCar....well they refused to exchange it with a new one. Puzzling matter :?

My rears condensed too. Luckily my local Seat dealer sorted mine - but they had sh!t loadsa trouble gettin it to be covered under the waranty. When u seal them with silicone its worth givin them a blast with a hair dryer!

aye mine do it too, the rear driver's side is the worst, the front ones jst do it at the bottom, its very annoyin though. Goin to take it in to the dealer next week as its under warranty.

I wud clean around the joints with a power washer & bleach then dry with a hair dryer before sealing with silicon, theres a drivers rear light on ebay the mo but, prob selling cos its steamin up

as with the warranty, i say if it doesnt warn of this in the manual, then its a defect.

cheers

i had this prob with my arosa......both the front and rear lamps WILL mist up occasionally but if you get actual bubbles of water in your lenses they are covered under warranty. my seat dealer replaced one rear lens on the arosa and i had to buy the other (as it had a small crack in it). any misting is not covered though as this is considered normal.

• 2 months later...