Cruch! Alloy repairs/New OE wheels??

Managed to take a nice little chunk out of my rims yesterday. Does anyone know if this can be fixed?? Wheels looks fine apart from this no pressure loss or anything else that would suggest serious damage. i am prety loathed to buy a new wheel unless I really have to.

Can you buy single OE wheels? If so where (please don't say the dealer!)

Apart from that the loop is as sweet as always.....

• 2 weeks later...

Did you buy your alloys new that must have hurt if you did? you can restore your alloy if you have a spare 2 days not day for one alloy and a lot of hard work but its worth it.

I got my alloys two weeks ago off ebay and they had been curbed really badly. they looked no where near new with some deep notches in, still cant really be seen now I did the following. some cruisers in the area have asked me how much I charge to do this for them but it isnt the same on someone else wheels.

1) if you rub the area doewn with a p120 wet or dry paper and work through the grit ratios to p1200 you can take nearly everything out. go through the laquer, top coat and primer back to real alloy .

2) put the paper on a sanding machine to save a lot of bother.

3) polish the surface off with a scourer from thew kitchen.

4) use a primer give two coats `15-20` mins drying time between coats

5) top coat twice again same time between coats.

6) you will have to leave the wheel in a dry place over night to harden the paint.

7) early morning laquer 3+ coats `15-20` mins dry leave last coat for at least 3 hours to set.

8) please note the laquer is still soft for approximately 2 weeks so be careful every time you touch that wheel.

I did my whole set and I am well chuffed but the guy who put new tryes marked them with a chunk been dry for about two days so I can easily go back over the mark in paint and it will look **** hot again.

seems like a lot of work but if you want it done for cheap then it will only cost around £20 for paints etc. :!:

the easiest is to take it some where :!: