gotta buy a 2003 1.4 75hp lupo...

slanaxe

hi guys....

this is my first post, so first of all i wanna say hi to all of you lupo owners out there!! name's luca, from italy.

heres the deal,

ive been looking to buy a lupo for quite some time now, but not many were sold here in italy so they're a bit rare on the used market. but i may have struck gold.... i found a 2003 1.4 75hp model with.... you aint gonna believe it..... 10000kms on the clock!!!! practically new!!! it has been owned by an 80-year-old lady whos driven it basically to go from home to the supermarket, and back! the price is veeeery attractive too.... the son of the lady in question wants 5000 euros, and i bet i can pull that price down at least a couple of hundred euros.

Im gonna go see the car (300kms away) early next week, and if it's as it looks, i aint gonna let it slip by.

Now..... i know that with such a low mileage there aint gonna be much to look out for, but is there anything thats worth of attention? reading around this forum, ive gathered that door hinges sometimes fail, so ill be looking outfor those. also ive read of a recurring problem with the footwell and pedals. can someone explain to me how it presents itself and what i should look out for?

Thanks a bunch in advance for your help, and i hope to become soon a full member of the forum and proud owner of a lupo!!

peace y'all!!

Check the gearchange. If the clutch pedal is well below the brake pedal before any force is put upon it to change gear then this usually means the pedal box has gone.

Pedal boxes are not majorly expensive but are a pain in the a** to fit. Test all gears to see if they all drive ok, 1.4 Lupo gearboxes are unfortunately weak, although if an 80 year old lady has been pottering about in it, I would assume it should be ok.

To be honest a car with such low mileage shouldnt really have many issues, but its best to be cautious! Good luck! :D

The pedal box has been known to affect the Lupo S but mainly affects the Lupo Sport.

Although your looking at an 03 plate Lupo so it may not affect you but it definitely affects the older Lupo's.

Not to worry. VW will do this for you free of charge providing the car is under 8 years old and less than 100,000 miles.

Happy Lupoes!

Edited by Niche

Not to worry. VW will do this for you free of charge providing the car is under 8 years old and less than 100,000 miles.

Happy Lupoes!

yeah..... maybe in the UK where service and customer satisfaction are valued!! go to an italian dealer and say you want your pedals fixed for free when you're not the first owner and you didnt buy it from him, then watch as he laughs his arse off!! :huh:

anyways... thanks for the quick replies guys... really appreciate it!