Changing passenger mirror FROM stubby TO full size!

driveforward

This year I need to change my stubby passenger wing mirror to a full-size EU one, I simply can't see much in it as my roll-cage block half of the mirror out!

I have electric mirrors, can I buy a manual full-size mirror housing and glass and transfer the mechanicals over?

..or where can I get a leccy full-size EU mirror from?

Any ideas?

Cheers, Ian.

german ebay would be my best guess mate, cant offer much help on the mechanicals though i'd imagine it would be the same

The majority of mirrors on german ebay are manuals.. if I could swap the internals from my stubby mirror into it and simply attach the wider galss that'd be great.. but not sure if that's possible!

:rolleyes:

Theres bloody loads of part numbers for the mirror, Im looking in the lupo section not the arosa though.

If im right by looking at it, the stubby is 130x105 and the normal is 150x105

The glass i think is:

6N1 857 521 J which is 150x105 lhd left mirror glass heated.

The assembly is either

6X1 857 507 G or H, they have the same description: 150x105 lhd left rear view mirror housing for electrically operated and heated mirror.

the cap is

6N0 857 537 Left 150x105 mirror cap OR

6E0 857 537, Thay too have the same description

My etka is a bit crap as it dont segrigate the part numbers by type, so i have to look through the whole list for the lupo and work it out! plus this is for the lupo so it could be different for the arosa...

You need lupogtiboy to see this thread, he will know off the top of his head as hes like the oracle of part numbers!

John