How to fix blower settings

My blower does not on setting 2???, i have taken the empty compartments above and below the heater control panel off, but still cannot get the three dial panel out to see if its a loose conection or anythink, im trying to fix it right now so any advice on what it maybe or what i need to do would be great!!!!, ill check back in a few mins.... just gonna go and fiddle some more!

My blower does not on setting 2???, i have taken the empty compartments above and below the heater control panel off, but still cannot get the three dial panel out to see if its a loose conection or anythink, im trying to fix it right now so any advice on what it maybe or what i need to do would be great!!!!, ill check back in a few mins.... just gonna go and fiddle some more!

Great now the recirculation button doesnt work, it still depresses but doesnt do nout, can anybody give me a hint on how i might be able to fix these things.

Also while transporting a new battery it leaked onto the rear drivers side floor mat and desovled a big ugly patch of the mat which are vw original ones... which i could only find a complete set to buy and cost £40+, i don't know anywhere i could just get 1, its so f**king anoying,il buy new or second hand i dont mind, as long as its dark grey and in ok condition.

Edited by jack1988

Great now the recirculation button doesnt work, it still depresses but doesnt do nout, can anybody give me a hint on how i might be able to fix these things.

Have you got the dial turned to windscreen? Because the re-circultion button won't latch in when the blower is set to windscreen.

If it won't latch when you turn it to 'face and feet' position then it could be broken. To fix it you need the heater control panel out, and the only way to get this out is to remove the centre console. It's not as hard as it sounds, basically:

Remove the compartment and the switches above and below the heater controls

Unclip the gear gaiter from the centre console

Pull out the long skinny tray thing under the handbrake

Remove the screws above and below the heater control panel

Remove the screws where the centre console meets the lower dash, one screw at the top of each footwell