Permanant power to the amp! arghhh....

Ok here goes... the wonderful world of wiring...

Finnaly got all my ICE in and working. Bonza!

Ok, the issue now is for whatever reason the amp isnt turning off when I switch off the headunit and even when I take te keys out of the ignition. Its permananly live!

Headunit is a Blaupunkt Brisbane and the amp is an Alpine T-222

All connections are good. The amp does stay off when I first plug the connectors into the back of the head unit, but as soon as I power up the head unit the amp turns on (as it should) but jus doesnt then turn off again!

It does however go off when I dsconnect the head unit.

My mate reckons it has something to do with the power feed to the head unit, and you have to swap a couple of cables over but i dont have a clue what should or shouldnt be swapped.

Any help would be great.

Where have you got the amps remote lead connected ?.

TBH i have it connected via a special connectror block that goes into the back of the headunit.

It would be the '12v signal' slot of you will.

TBH i have it connected via a special connectror block that goes into the back of the headunit.

It would be the '12v signal' slot of you will.

If you look in your manual it'll tell you which wire on your headunit loom is the remote wire (usually blue)

It might be worth trying to clip both remote wires together (with little blue wire joining clips) so whatever signal runs through the loom will also run through the remote wire. Hence when you turn your headunit off, the amps remote wire will also recieve this signal and turn off.

I suggest you buy another remote wire to do this with so you don't have slits and cuts in the current one if it goes wrong..

Worked for me though!