Help with wheel size

Little Dub

I am needing some help with picking some alloy wheels, I have seen a set which I fell in love with ( ROTA Cup ) which is a 16 x 8 with a ET30 off set. I am wanting some alloys to have the biggest poss dish but not really wanting to start chopping lumps out of the arches at the moment so could anyone give me any advice on this subject as money is tight and I just cannot afford to buy something that will not fit as this is my daily drive. Sorry also the car is on standard suspension but this is going to be lowered at the same time so if anyone has any advice on drops it would be a big hepl !!

at at a guestimate id say they would rub on ur outer arches and may not clear on the inside either so not a good start. i may be wrong on the inside but u would more than likely need arch work.

big dish in most cases requires low offset so to achieve it u will need arch work.

Edited by scoobydoo

Cheers Scooby doo - Its more or less what I was expecting to here. If anyone has had any experience fitting 16's to a Lupo i would love to hear how it went and what problems you have encountered. The problem is I have seen these alloys and anything else is going to be second best and I will not be happy with that, Probably an O.C.D thing. At the moment I was not wanting to carry out any paint work out and dont want to get deep into body mods at the moment

hello to answer your question no these wheels will not fit without arch mods especially if you want to lower it. how do i know this? well thats because i run cups on my sport with 194/40/16 tyres ive had all my arches rolled and sealed and painted which is the cost of running such wheels. this will stop them rubbing with just two people in the car any more than that and its goodbye tyres. you could get round this by not lowering the car but that would just look stupid and do the wheels no justice at all, its gonna be expensive im afraid but well worth it!190820070841.jpg

Thanks very much Dubsy, Did you get someone to roll the arches or did you do it yourself ? what suspension drop have you carried out ?

By the way your Dub is looking well smart with them alloys on, looks like its going to be hard not to go for these alloys now after seeing them fitted to a Lupo.

Thanks very much Dubsy, Did you get someone to roll the arches or did you do it yourself ? what suspension drop have you carried out ?

By the way your Dub is looking well smart with them alloys on, looks like its going to be hard not to go for these alloys now after seeing them fitted to a Lupo.

i had them done by a local body shop for £240 who rolled them sealed them and repainted them because the paint cracks when there rolled, as far as im aware i was only the second person in the country to have these wheels and the first on a lupo ive never seen another set on a lupo even now. i dont think ill ever part with them ill just keep getting them repolished when needed the dogs in my opinion! the car has been dropped 60 mil and that is really pushing it because when there is weight in the car the wheel sits right up in the arch and rubs on the arch roof lining but then again if it aint rubbin it aint dubbin!

Edited by dubsy

Totally agree with you on your wheel choice and its going to have to be done in my opinion. Are there any local meetings in the north east as I would love to see how they have done the arches on your car as I am a panel beater by trade and would be carrying out the arch rolling myself, so any it would be very useful to myself to get as much info as possible before carrying the task out.

Thanks again Dubsy you have been a real help.

if ur a panel beater rolling ur arches will be wee buns, although if dubsy had them done in a garage they may have been done with an arch roller. i did mine myself with a panel hammer.

Problem is I have been out the trade a few years and don't have any where to carry out paint work myself and I find it hard to get some one to do the same standard of work which I expect. Going to see my old boss at the weekend as he has started up his own garage so hopefully he may be the answer to the paint work and possibly let me use his garage to carry out the mods. Looks like its going to be an creative summer.

Thanks all.

occasionally if u use a heat gun u can get away without a repaint. there really isnt much involved in arch rolling its more that it is properly sealed etc.

Totally agree with you on your wheel choice and its going to have to be done in my opinion. Are there any local meetings in the north east as I would love to see how they have done the arches on your car as I am a panel beater by trade and would be carrying out the arch rolling myself, so any it would be very useful to myself to get as much info as possible before carrying the task out.

Thanks again Dubsy you have been a real help.

im also a member and moderator for durhamdubs if you want some local meets join up as we meet every month just outside darlington were showing our cars at turners (club sponsors) open day this weekend at sunderland fastcar and pioneer will be there. its a really great club with a few clublupo members in it

im also a member and moderator for durhamdubs if you want some local meets join up as we meet every month just outside darlington were showing our cars at turners (club sponsors) open day this weekend at sunderland fastcar and pioneer will be there. its a really great club with a few clublupo members in it

Hi Dubsy will try to get down there this weekend, Got quite a bit on but if I get the chance ( If the wife lets me ) I will pop in if not I will def come to your next meeting. Good luck and hope you have a good weekend !!!!!