TA Technix

Have you taken the bearings and top rubbers off your standard shocks ? you need spring compressors for that.

You also need a socket (21mm i think) that you can fit a spanner onto, and a long allen on a ratchet to remove the above, and refit using a long allen on a torque wrench onto your coilies.

Youre supposed to torque the bearings/topmounts on but we diddnt have a reducer for our torque wrench (for the allen bit), so we just tightend them ruffly about right with a ratchet.

Edited by L119 UPO

Thanks, i managed to get them on in the end. had to use the rubber top, grommit and bolt of standard suspention and put them on new coilies. then placed under wheel arch up into mount and bolted top plate ontop from engine bay.

didnt expect to have to use parts of original suspention! :angry2:

only problems now are:

1. Camber is pretty bad

2. steers to the right slightly when driving

anyone know how to resolve these?

Matt

didnt expect to have to use parts of original suspention! :angry2:

I hope you reused the standard bumpstops and sleeves for the rears, and removed the standard rear spring seats.

only problems now are:

1. Camber is pretty bad

2. steers to the right slightly when driving

anyone know how to resolve these?

Matt

Undo the two bolts where your shocks join the hub, and then pull your brake discs out at the top in at the bottom (to give as much positive camber possible) then retighten the bolts.

Let your new suspension settle for a few hundred miles, then get the camber and tracking set up.

Edited by L119 UPO

yeah i changed the rear rubbers and spring seats.

my mate said something about camber bolts, they any good?

cheers for advice, il just take it easy for a few hundred miles like u said. does it make much difference once theyv settled? theres a couple of squeeks coming from front left wheel.

So long as its all fitted properly youll be fine, i recently fitted mine and i get funny noises still.

You need to let things settle before you get it set up, you will notice your car is settling down lower. in a couple of weeks youll notice your car is abit lower than when you first fitted the kit.

yeah noticed it looks lower already. front splitter is scraping on some rough roads! lol

Drove to work today and noticed steering is quiet abit off. is it the camber thats making the car pull towards the right? or is it the tracking?

matt

Yeah i started a thread earlier to find any recommended places in the northampton area. u think the main stream ones like kwick fit would be too expensive? dont want to pay loads. also want them to be able to look at my camber aswel.