Europe trip, first week of August

twisty b-road

OK I called VW MK, they do tours of the factory, 3 days 2 nights

"It's £399 per person"

At this point I stopped paying much attention, but I think she said that's 2 nights in a hotel. Either way..........

Check this out

I've `e-mailed` them to see what the score is.........

It's near Hannover

Anyone for the Ring? It's dangerous!

This works out at £65 for three people, shall I give them a call?

It's open Mon 2nd August `1300-1930` and Tues 3rd/Wed 4th/Thu 5th August `1715-1930` for us to do a lap, hehe

So I propose we go to the ring Thu, random day Fri, VW Audi meet Sat, come back Sat night or Sunday (Sarah!)

I also propose a hotel Friday night, camp the others (the ring has camping)

Do we have a random day Wed so we don't arrive at the Ring after 7+ hours travelling?

Only thing left to decide

Eurostar to Brussels or ferry Harwich to Hook?

Assuming no detours, and not allowing for mileage in the UK it works out so:

Hook Holland > Ring > Meet > Hook = 765 miles, 4 tanks petrol

Brussels > Ring > Meet > Brussels = 775 miles

So no miles advantage, I'd suggest a ferry from Harwich to Hook as it's easier for everyone to get to in the UK

OK TDW has got a far better price than I did, he's kindly going to sort out the channel crossing, if you want to go you need to PM TDW and send him a cheque

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to wait and see on this one - running out of holiday days fast!

One lap on the Nurburgring is nowhere near enough - need at least 6! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Considering this. would be my first chance at driving aboad have always passed it up as a bad idea. But if going to do it may as well do it i style.

Just so I have got things right. Departing uk weds 4th or thur 5th? coming back 7th or 8th.

Will be having a duff week at work prev week as duty mngr. so would be a good release.

Do we need to consider those sticky things for headlights etc. paperwork? licence. All new to me.

If not mistaken that BMW taxi driver is a woman. Top woman at that. (as seen on tv top gear?). Holds some record for something or other.

Jayson taxi, ring, woman. Over to you Mr Crusoe

Course u can take me car round the track!! (u sitting in the passenger seat me driving!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> )

Hiya peeps (ROADTRIP) would definate be up for this what is the confirmed dates so i can book it off

have got europe insurance aswel

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

its pretty cheap thats why had mine included in the policy

also up for the ring

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Sounds good to me

if you can let us know tuesday or wednesday that is cool