Hiya, potential lupo owner here

naf536

Hi,

My name is Neil, i am 27 from Birmingham - West Midlands and i currently drive a 2.0 litre new beetle (modified) but now i have decided that i fancy a change.

I will only ever have another VW and have been looking at the lupo GTI.

My beetle is for sale at 5K, do you think i will be able to get myself a decent lupo GTI for that much?

Also, can anyone shed some light on what kind of MPG i could be looking to expect from a GTI as the beetle is a little greedy and giving me around 20-25 to the gallon.

Is there anything i should look out for when buying one as i dont want to buy one then have to spend thousands fixing it all the time.

Sorry for all the questions in my first post, but i am keen to get my ass in one of these little beasts :shades:

Edited by naf536

hey :) im from brum too where abouts are you?

gti's can be thirsty depends how you drive them!!! hehe i usually get about 180miles ish from a tank (when the light comes on and it costs about £29 of vpower) but i have a heavy foot. luke (db) has got over 300miles from a tank, so have many other members on here. problem is once you get one theyre so fun to drive you can help it!

good luck with your search

Jen x