hey

nickbarnes07

im new to this forum , currently driving a seat ibiza cupra running a ihi conversion done by jabba , its running at 341 bhp last time it was rolling roaded , done a few mods to it since , so should be running around 350 - 360 now . im going to have a look at a lupo gti tommorw in cheltenham , what things are there to look for with these cars

Hi Nick, tis Tom off seatcupra

You sold the P1 already?

If its a high miler,make sure cambelt has been done and check the service book for all its services.Theres a few little niggly problems that the GTi's have such as the high level brake light stopping working because of water ingress and the bonnet release cable snapping etc.

Have a good ol' search on here for more as i know this question has been asked before and plenty of people replied.

Also is it a 5 or a 6 speed gearbox GTi? as the earlier ones were 5 speed

Tom

think its a 5 speed , 51 reg , the red one on pistonheads in cheltenham , yeah i sold the p1 today , my mate has just come and grabbed it of me , also just been serviced with cambelt change , 47000 miles ,

Edited by nickbarnes07