1.4 tdi arosa air filter

stevenb

Hi all,

I was just wondering which air filters have been the most effective for peoples Arosa 1.4 TDi's.

I have a 2002 TDI S and would be interested in upgrading the air filter.

I have done a quick search but only found 'Green' offering a panel filter for my car. Would this panel filter make any noticeable difference?

I think a custom exhaust would be a better option if I choose to upgrade over the stock one as I'd like to use the same OE tailpipe exit.

Thoughts and opinions welcome.

regards

Steve

Been wondering this myself. I changed the oil on my tdi yesterday, while I was at it I took the air filter out to have a look at it, right pain in the ass to get it out. Anyway it needed changing so I put it back together and went and got ripped at VW for a new one (£14.87!).

Did wonder though if there are any others out there that will actually give any performance gains before a remap?

The filters are not a panel as such they are more of a tube, standard replacements can be bought from halfords for about £8, or you could use a BMC replacement which would cost about £45. The other option that I had was a pipercross direct induction cone which fits directly onto the MAF & cuts out the entire intake box. :)

The filters are not a panel as such they are more of a tube, standard replacements can be bought from halfords for about £8, or you could use a BMC replacement which would cost about £45. The other option that I had was a pipercross direct induction cone which fits directly onto the MAF & cuts out the entire intake box. :)

Have you got a picture of the induction cone?

Cool.

I had a BMC carbon air intake on my old Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC.

The induction kit sounds good too.

Have you had any idling problems or hesitancy on pick-up when accelerating?

Can you also advise part number of the Pipercross filter and where they can be bought from.

:shades:

Thanks loads.

Steve

Right, here we go. I'll try & dig out the part number when I get home, but how simple is this? Simply bolts onto the MAF & then the air's only got about 18" of pipework before it hits the turbo!

DSC00248.jpg

Resopnse was definately a lot quicker but the induction noise can become a bit 'droning' .

Edited by Max69vk

Cheers!!!! I've been looking at a simple bolt on, however going down the more complex route of a heat shielded type....

but my problem is that silly hose!!! As with a normal type cotton gauze or cold air shielded filter there's no where to put that hose unless you have some genius idea.

With that hose connector that went from the large empty box, did you simply just push it into the foam???

Yep pushed it into the foam as its just the air intake for the N75 & actuator valve. I totally removed the air box & intake piping which leaves a nice open space for cold air to come in through the front bumper & into the engine bay behind the headlight - right where the filter sits :)

Yep pushed it into the foam as its just the air intake for the N75 & actuator valve. I totally removed the air box & intake piping which leaves a nice open space for cold air to come in through the front bumper & into the engine bay behind the headlight - right where the filter sits :)

Have you fitted a cold air feed pipe to get the air sucked up to the filter better?

Cheers for the pic.

Steve

I have a drilled airbox (silly idea from previous owner) so it has an induction 'boom' at around £2k especially with my Jetex exhaust system. Quite a nice noise, but once removing the foam in the wing it became even louder!

Well just had a look guys....and it kinda works!

Reason for testing this is because I want a normal type cotton gauze filter or looking at the halfords type carbon cold air feed style box, which means you cannot plug the N75 piping in.

R/C 1/10th air filter bolted on (rubber tubing stretched to fit on)

attachedfilter.jpg

Size of filter

filter.jpg

So guys i'll be popping to a local model shop next week, if anyone is genuinely interested in one send me a PM.

Cost will be between £4-6 for them each, but I know the £6 one has a spare sponge element - lol.

But will look for others and try and get the best fit.

Edited by g-man85