Squeaking!!

Whenever im going along there is a squeak coming from either the front or rear drivers side wheels. It did it with my old wheels and continued onto my new ones. Thought it was a stone in the brake pads but i have put the car through some hard breaking but it carries on. It stops when i break though!

Anyone know what this could be?

Cheers

Whenever im going along there is a squeak coming from either the front or rear drivers side wheels. It did it with my old wheels and continued onto my new ones. Thought it was a stone in the brake pads but i have put the car through some hard breaking but it carries on. It stops when i break though!

Anyone know what this could be?

Cheers

worn discs therefore squeaking on a rusty bit/ridge or maybe missing shims on the pads (not done lupo pads yet but probs will have them)?

does it go away as you slow down using the stopper?

Edited by sciroccotune

worn discs therefore squeaking on a rusty bit/ridge or maybe missing shims on the pads (not done lupo pads yet but probs will have them)?

does it go away as you slow down using the stopper?

My GTI is quite high ileage so that sounds about right, its been driven quite hard in its life to. Yeah it goes as you slow with the breaks.

My GTI is quite high ileage so that sounds about right, its been driven quite hard in its life to. Yeah it goes as you slow with the breaks.

i would just be looking at the pads and making sure they are greased up/ have the right shims. If all is right there then maybe new pads or new discs if worn. My mates mk3 always does this for some reason, im beginning to think sticking slider bolts could be to blame so may be worth giving them a little lub while its apart.

i would just be looking at the pads and making sure they are greased up/ have the right shims. If all is right there then maybe new pads or new discs if worn. My mates mk3 always does this for some reason, im beginning to think sticking slider bolts could be to blame so may be worth giving them a little lub while its apart.

Ah cool cheers mate, im down at The Phirm next week getting coilovers sorted, so ill have a look when its all off.

Cheers