elect windows help please

johnnebgood

my gti drivers window has stopped working [jammed in the up position] the motor appears to want to wind the window up .

the window is stuck in the up position i have removed the side panels and several 8mm fixing bolts to the motor\window assy.

but i can see how you get at the motor very fiddly .i have tried swapping the switches ,so i no the switches are good.

what i need to do i think is to reverse the motor manually .its under tension now and i cant get the bolt back in to place any thoughts appreciate any help. was wondering if any of you guys had worked on the window motors etc thanks johnny

lucky really that the window is in the up position.

I was going to suggest what you've tried, slackening off the mounting bolts. My passenger window jammed up, the switch was working cos I could hear it clicking. I loosened off the bolts and that got the window movibg. I bolted it back up and now and again it would still jam up, so I sprayed the rubbers with loads of silicon spray which has cured the problem so far. Have you slackened/removed all the bolts?

Check the wiring from the cars A post to door.

Check that the window lifter is still clampped to the window . Clamps can snap off lifter.

To remove motor and lifter undo clamps off window then the bolts for the lifter/runners. blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

it did stick a week a go .but that time freeed it self .my problem is now as i have removed all the motor fixings .5 off 8mm bolts

i have driven up the the window .now i can get all the bolts back in .how is the window attached to the mechanism.

is it clamped\glued .thanks for the advise so far guys. i don't want to take it to a vw dealer if possible due to cost .

good idea the silicone spray might do the trick if i can get those pesky bolts back in confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

got lazzyyyyy .thought i take the lup in to get the window sorted.in to day the guy said need a new motor. thought funny it goes up wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> .but as you do take it to the experts.rang to day, can we keep it another day fitted new motor same fault.

suspect these guys change bits not really knowing what they are doing.if i had the wiring diagram i sure i could have fixed it.

my self. just found on e bay a lupo cd. with a lot of info on it.i have bid on it so don't bid .when i get it i will post my comments if its ok and if required loan \copy for others to use. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

cheers johnny o has any one got this cd is it any good

Carl got it back to day .the guys fitted new motor [i have the old one] they fitted the new motor .then they said the lights did work . blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> .so the traced the wiring to an earth fault. cost £310 .39p that's the motor and 3 hours labour @ £50 per hours wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> .any way glad to get it back .looks to me as if it was a broken wire. in the loom .i have the old motor but tricky to test .thinking of chopping in the loop for a tt .make a great car for some body 2001 gti 12.000 on the clock one owner.pretty much showroom condition full history.all original no messing with bolt on bits.carpets never used. any offers. coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

shawn031.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

very very low milage coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />