Potential sound system upgrade route

Right had a look and started saving for a new sound system for my car.

Here's what I've narrowed down what I like:

Panasonic CQ-C7703N MP3 headunit (red iluminated to match the interior)

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/cd-tuners/cq-c7703n/index.htm

I've only really looked at Alpine's as an alternative as Beckers are a little bit out of my budget and Sony's, JVCs have too much bling for my liking.

And for the fronts I can't decide what will be best:

MD Quarts DSD-216

http://www.mbquart.com/en/produkte/car/dis....php?nr=dsf_216

JBL 607c

http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_de...COS&ser=GTS

Infinity 6510cs

http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/product...p;Region=EUROPE

Or any others people can think off? Budget is around £70 for speakers and £200 headunit.

personally i have mb quarts and i luv em. So a crazy biased view would be go for the quarts but then again i got the rce216s. My personally opinion would be spend less on the h/u as you can get the same spec but for less check out kenwood or pioneer. They are cheaper and just as good and use the money saved on either better speakers or an amp to amp them up which makes a huge difference

personally i have mb quarts and i luv em. So a crazy biased view would be go for the quarts but then again i got the rce216s. My personally opinion would be spend less on the h/u as you can get the same spec but for less check out kenwood or pioneer. They are cheaper and just as good and use the money saved on either better speakers or an amp to amp them up which makes a huge difference

it would be silly not to amp the comps you will get much clearer SQ form them, the inturnal amps on HUs tend to destort and clip at higher volume

where as an exturnal amp will give a much cleaner signal, its not usualy volume that kills speakers its destortion,

get the best headunit you can get your hands on, there is no point in getting amazing speakers if the sound your putting into

them is not the best it could be (you can make standard lupo speakers sound much much better just by fitting a really good headunit)

i have no idea what pannasonic HUs are like iv never used one or even listened to one, i would be wary of the 70w amp claim but it does look a

smart unit i have to say

you can almost always trust Alpine to be good. iv also just become a very very very big fan of clarion, im not really a big on pioneer any more but i thought my dads pioneer would be better than the clarion unit he wanted WXZ468RMP (pioneer was twice the price) i ended up eating my words its stunning miles better than his pioneer and it was only £200

i would seriously look at getting one myself if i needed a new headunit

as for components you could go for the deal on CAD at the moment blaupunkt-velocity the components were originaly around the £200 price range so they are gona be good and the amp is ment to be very good too

Edited by Unheard

• 2 weeks later...

my alpine cda 9857r was only 230

if you wondered what one looks like in the dash....

DSC00550.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSC00549.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

PERFECT sound! everytime!

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa