Clutch and haircuts

Is a noisy clutch release bearing a Lupo 'thing' ?

Ours rattles like hell until the pedal is depressed then it goes quiet. VW place say "they all do that sir" but I don't believe him, and I'm not happy that my other half paid top dollar for a rattle box.

Is it possible to give a Lupo a haircut? I strongly suspect our has done more mileage than it's showing.

My clutch release bearing has rattled from about 3000miles to the current 24000miles. Has got `ever-so`-slightly noisier but can live with it.

If it fails i will insist on having it repaired and a full clutch assembly fitted just to make sure i get a few more miles for free with warranty repairs!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lupo that rattles on idle it has just had the layshaft bearings replaced, so the gearbox has been stripped and rebuilt by a vw main dealer but the noise is still there. I think that it is the idler shaft that rattles and it is worse when the gearbox is cold and the lights are on (revs drop slightly), has anyone else had this problem or is it something that I will have to learn to live with or is there a cure under warranty.

I have many rattles. I blame them on the bass. To cure them i just have to turn the music up. job done.

Saying that, my clutch went after 30,000 miles which i assumed was just my unique driving style (?). who knows.