Seat problems - Noises/creaking!

Anyone had any problems regarding the front seats making creaking noises?

The passenger seat of mine has started making "odd" noises from what sounds like where the back of the seat meets the bit u sit on sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

It creaks when someone is sat in it, when cornering or braking

AND it now makes a "rattley" noise on its own with `no-one` else in the car ??? but stops if u hold or push the rear of the seat

Think its started since I had to stop (damn fast and hard!) to avoid a pheasant last wkend! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Any ideas?? before I put it to VW (not that there's much they can do :sarc: but its under warranty so...) HELP!

Yeah every `now-n`-then my passenger seat back starts rattling `backwards-n`-forwards. A firm smack on the backrest stops it but then it just starts again later. May have a one of these little vibrating fits once a month or so.

I'm VW born and bred - but christ these Lupos are noisy little buggers!!

If its the 'easy access' type of seat which it sounds like it might be (?) then spray a bit of the ole WD40 on the runners etc.

By the way Lynsey - where you get that spoiler from?? Very very nice.

Thanks for the suggestions ppl smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yes I can STILL hear the noise OVER my stereo and yes it still majorly bugs me, even though I only work 1.5miles from home so I'm only in the car 5mins at a time max. :devil:

Oh well, might pay VW a visit next time I'm "in the area" seeing as I've not been to see for about a month now I think it's overdue another visit biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(Lynsey)
Yes I can STILL hear the noise OVER my stereo and yes it still majorly bugs me,

need more subs! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />