Some problems on GTI

Guest Frenchy_boy

Guest Frenchy_boy

First problem : i have a sound that seems to come from gearbox ; when i start the car it rattles `2-3` seconds and when i stop the car it's the same ! When i start the car it sounds like a TDI !!!

If i start the car with pushing cluch pedal there is no sound! Any idea ?

Second problem : Some days i have some little cutting between 1000rpm and 2500rpm and another day there is nothing .... is it a sensor, the troggle body, ....?

Thanks

(excuse for my poor english)

First problem : i have a sound that seems to come from gearbox ; when i start the car it rattles `2-3` seconds and when i stop the car it's the same !

Gear box Rattles??

that isnt good!! id get that checked out wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

The rattle on start up that sounds like a diseasel is (I'm told) normal on some VAG petrol engines, and is the pneumatic valvetrain requiring a few seconds to lubricate the valvetrain. The rattle gets worse as the engine loses oil. Is your engine oil topped up? I think you should start your engine with the clutch in anyway, at least that's what it says in the manual.