Accelerator Stuck - any ideas????

hey,

I was just driving down the road yesterday as you do, and as I changed gear and released the clutch the engine revved to the limit and the only way to stop it was to put my foot under the peddle and release it..... it didn't happen every time but it did it twice in about 15 mins..... any one had this problem or know why its happening......

much appreciated....

Mine done that for a will, then i realised that it was getting stuck on the floor mat because the mat wasn't secured down properly!!!!!!!! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> :thumbs:

its the 1.4 sport 16v....... found out the problem.... my boyfriend opened the bonnet and for a start my air filter had kinda fallen off.... oops..... and there was loads of dirt down the pipe and the throttle cable was sticking......and also my accelerator peddle had about and inch and a half of play in it.... so he adjusted that, which has made a hell of a difference.. so hopefully its all sorted now!!! cheers smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />