HELP!!!!!!!!!!! - Gearbox problems........

Hey all,

Drove the car tonight right down the road and back, been concerned about the gearbox so thought I would give it a run.

Well bad news,

Its all seems ok going forward, but when its in reverse it will go a couple of feet then lock up? ease of the clutch and everything is fine but start backing up and it does it once again.

AAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hoping its a bent driveshaft, or maybe theres no oil in the box due to a leak, crack etc

Have not had chance to check yet, just thought I would see if anyone else had had similar problems?

Oh well, I know where theres a 16V engine and box if the crap hits the fan sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

a bent driveshaft wouldnt allow you to go forward either

you didnt back into a bollard or summing tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> hehehe

sounds like there is something stuck in one of the teeth in the reverse gear, as for fixing it .. gonna have to strip the box i think

Just a quick update,

Looks like I was correct in saying that the driveshaft is bent! mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> not sure how this is locking up the gearbox but at least its a start.

Also dropped the gearbox oil (thankfully, yes there was some in it!) clean and clear no bits of gear in it which is something I was worried about.

Ah well, will have to source a drive shaft now and see how it goes.

WWOOOHHHOOOOO!!!!!

Still cant get my head around why it caused it, but I have just replaced the bent driveshaft on the car and its all fine now :thumbs:

One more problem/job ticked off the list biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />