rear top of boot spoiler (GTi style...?)

pete69zx

Not sure about the GTi spoiler, but you can get a Lupo non-Gti spoiler which is pretty similar, just the brake light is a different shape.

Best thing you an do is take a pic of how far away the aerial is from the bootlid, as the aerial moved further forward on all lupos when the GTi came out, to accomodate for a spoiler. This happened about X-reg I think, so you may or may not be able to fit one.

See pics on page 2 of SteveWP's 1.0 lupo spoiler

The spoiler on the back of the green Lupo looks nice. Is that a GTi spoiler then or just a Sport spoiler (if there is any differences).

Sorry im very new to Lupo's, please forgive my ignorance.

My car is an X reg 2000 1.4S.

I have just changed the standard ariel to one from Halfraud$! Little bee-sting type one that is much much shorter than the original.

I think i see what you are saying... its not the length of the ariel thats the issue, its how far towards the rear of the car it is mounted?

I actually think mine is further towards the front of the car than the green Lupo's one pictured, i could be wrong though.

Cheers, Pete.

The spoiler on the green one is the non-gti spoiler. If you look at the spoiler on the Gti its a slightly different shape.

Yep you're right, its the position of the aerial base that dictates if the spoiler will fit or not, not the aerial length.

If you look at the photos of welshguy's aerial you can see what will happen if you have an early lupo with the aerial base further back.

Just been out in the dark to see if the camera would work. These are wot I got

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i291/rob...23/DSC02053.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i291/rob...23/DSC02054.jpg

One with the boot closed and one with it open. When it’s open it only opens up to around halfway before they hit. The aerial is very close to the back of the roof.

Hope these help explain my problem.

Thanks

Huw

One way to find out is to look at your chassis number, as the VW brochure says:

Rear roof spoiler * 6X0 071 645 9AX Price:£117.02 VAT:£20.48 Total:£137.50

*Only suitable for vehicles from chassis number 6XZYW013500 and cannot be used in conjunction with the Open Air module factory-fitted option.

I think i see what you are saying... its not the length of the ariel thats the issue, its how far towards the rear of the car it is mounted?

Pete i couldnt have put it better myself youve got it in one there

and Jon i too have heard this when i was originally on about a gti spolier (brought one anyways laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ) as a word of warning pete mine is a 53 reg arosa but they use the same shells as lupos yet my gti spoiler still catch's the aerial base by a fair amount had to remove it to open boot fully to be exact

wayne