clutch cable

gear change has become lumpy so i want to change the clutch cable already had the clutch changed so it's next thing on the list.

bought a new cable n can do the work to replace but how do u go about getting the right tention on the cable or does it do it it's self with the spring bit and the black tube half way down the cable?

any help would be great cos i'm at a loss

cheers gys n gals

Edited by diddy

gear change has become lumpy so i want to change the clutch cable already had the clutch changed so it's next thing on the list.

bought a new cable n can do the work to replace but how do u go about getting the right tention on the cable or does it do it it's self with the spring bit and the black tube half way down the cable?

any help would be great cos i'm at a loss

cheers gys n gals

hiya, im looking at doing this on my gf's 1.0l lupo this weekend. have adjusted the cable thats on it at the moment which made made it go in gear a bit better but it still feel's dodgy.

from what i can tell the way it works is the spring is just to keep tentionin the cable,so the pedal retuns to the full up position, so you can adjust the position of the "biting point" by tightening the nut on the end and not have a saggy pedal? I wouldn't tighten it too much as you could end up driving around with the clutch not fully disengaged.

hope this helps..

yer they were my assumptions too but i've just bit the bullet n sent it into a garage.

i'll ask the mechanic the questions all the same n post his answers for everyone to enjoy.

cheers for your help