Help! my window doesnt work.

moono_16v

the passengers window goes up and down, which can be operated by both the drivers side and passenger.However the driver's side dosent go up or down....I hear the window wanting to move but nothing happens.But suprisingly when i put the key in the door, turn and hold the window goes up or down which means it cant be the motor that is broke. How do i go about fixing it? i.e. getting the door panel off. Cheers Elliott

You need a new switch... they commonly go wrong... Didnt you post EXACTLY the same thing last week and i gave you a part number ? ? ? ?? ?

This part number - Go to your dealers and order one

6X0 959 855 B

They are about £15

my car has exactly the same problem, i clicks as if it wants to go down but doesnt!! realy annoying when you want to park in a car park and cant open your window for the ticket!! lol so its just the switch... great!!

theirs a way of testing if the motor is gone or not... PM Me for how to test it as it is a bit of a security issue...

Anyway... If yours is clicking as if its trying to go down, then its not the same problem as what mi-laddo up top has... He has the problem that his motors are fine, but you can't use them from inside.... That indicates its a switch...

You need to test weather your motors work before saying it'll be a new switch... to be honest on yours i dont think it'll just be the switch, as you said yourself, its attempting to work, but not quite upto the job... that tells me its the motor thats goosed