b***ard pedal box has give way

N14L VW

the final verdict is im going to have to pay cant wait to get to pulmans going to give it to them the nobs cant believe they give it for free to one person but not the other what kind of crack is that the arseholes

that sound a right load of **** as you say how can they give to one and not the other ?

and just a thought they obviously arent willing to help you that much if they cant even get a contribution so why give them the job of doing it? go snomewhere else if YOUR going to have to pay but personally id try once more with the dealers there has got to be one person there that can sort some kind of deal

wayne

A symptom of the pedal box on the way out wouldn't be a strange squeaking noise when you depress the clutch would it? Just wondering 'cos I'm trying to get to the bottom of a difficult gear selection problem on my girlfriend's 2000 Lupo Sport (80k miles)?

Whereabouts would I need to look to see if the pedal box bracket was on the way out - inside the car or in the engine bay on the bulkhead perhaps?

yep thats defoo the pedal box going mine was doing this is it a creaking noise and does the pedal not fully come back out after you have depressed the pedal. i would go and get it seeeen to soon as possible as mine fully went and it was nearly impossible to put it in gear. the bracket is only 25 pound plus vat so if i was you and you wernt getting anylook getting it dun for free i would buy the bracket and get a good local garage to fit it for you as i payed 250 labour charges to get it fixed from a vw dealership

niall

OFF TOPIC SLIGHTLY smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i thought the pedal box on mine was going when it was just 2 1/2 years old so asked the dealers specifically to check for this problem and their reply was "there isnt a known problem with them at all and really we should be charging you for looking at it if there isnt a problem"

the lad mechanic looked and noticed that the pedal box bolts were sticking through the bulkhead yet no nuts were on the back of them so he put two on and it totally changed the feel of the clutch because what would of been happening is every time i pressed the clutch i was pressing the master cylinder away from the bulkhead ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> i was very pis$ed off that it was like this but all i got was "its fixed now so whats the problem"

so check above the pedals if your having problems smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wayne

the lad mechanic looked and noticed that the pedal box bolts were sticking through the bulkhead yet no nuts were on the back of them so he put two on and it totally changed the feel of the clutch because what would of been happening is every time i pressed the clutch i was pressing the master cylinder away from the bulkhead ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> i was very pis$ed off that it was like this but all i got was "its fixed now so whats the problem"

so check above the pedals if your having problems smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I noticed that the bolt poking through nearest the clutch pedal on our Lupo doesn't have a bolt on it yesterday, I wonder if this could be related to my problem? The other bolts seem to have nuts on, just this one that doesn't and I notce that when you press the clutch pedal the thing creaks and you can see the metal around the clutch pedal moving slightly, it should be fixed.

Perhaps I'm missing a nut there too? It's going into the dealer for fixing tomorrow so I will ask them then, thanks for the tip. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I noticed that the bolt poking through nearest the clutch pedal on our Lupo doesn't have a bolt on it yesterday, I wonder if this could be related to my problem? The other bolts seem to have nuts on, just this one that doesn't and I notce that when you press the clutch pedal the thing creaks and you can see the metal around the clutch pedal moving slightly, it should be fixed.

Perhaps I'm missing a nut there too? It's going into the dealer for fixing tomorrow so I will ask them then, thanks for the tip. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

its ok thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" /> oh and looked at my mums arosa the other day (identical to mine) and hers is also missing the two nuts ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> so its going in this weekend angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> oh and on mothers evry time you start it up theres like a light knocking rotating sort of noise press the clutch and it goes away im worried as the dealers have already replaced the whole bottom of the engine after it was fucl<ed im gonna slap the next person i see that tells me VAG is good build quality

wayne

when picked my 2001 sport back in october after 2 days there was a squeak everytime clutch pressed.

Then bout 4 weeks later the gear change got worse n worse till couldnt get it in 1st or second gear , I took it back to toyota dealer last weekend where bought car from and he altered the clutch cable and all seems fine at the moment but i think il take it in this weekend and let em have a look at whats been said above as its still under warrantyI dont really fancy forking out any money for repair if I have to lol biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

when picked my 2001 sport back in october after 2 days there was a squeak everytime clutch pressed.

Then bout 4 weeks later the gear change got worse n worse till couldnt get it in 1st or second gear , I took it back to toyota dealer last weekend where bought car from and he altered the clutch cable and all seems fine at the moment but i think il take it in this weekend and let em have a look at whats been said above as its still under warrantyI dont really fancy forking out any money for repair if I have to lol biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

alright mate i had the same problems and i altered the clutch cable which fixed the problem for a little while but then the pedal box totally went if i was you i would take your car to the nearest delaers as soon as possible before the box totally goes as it is nearly impossible to get the gears in when it goes .

niall