ecu cds on ebay

KF52

hi,

has anyone any experience with those cds on ebay that have ecu maps on them so you can remap your ecu at home ?

i have all the hardware to connect my laptop up to the obd port (i did a bit of embedded development using the obd port to drive an lcd gauge) blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

my thinking is when i drop a bigger engine in the car that i could simply reprogram the ecu to run the bigger engine with the appropriate map rather than replacing the ecu with one for the engine ?

any ideas on this much appreciated biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

hi,

has anyone any experience with those cds on ebay that have ecu maps on them so you can remap your ecu at home ?

i have all the hardware to connect my laptop up to the obd port (i did a bit of embedded development using the obd port to drive an lcd gauge) blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

my thinking is when i drop a bigger engine in the car that i could simply reprogram the ecu to run the bigger engine with the appropriate map rather than replacing the ecu with one for the engine ?

any ideas on this much appreciated biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Sounds like a lot of potential for a knackered engine to

me, but if you do it well done.

Think your first step would be to change the scaling on a lot of timing/position

sensors first and then once that is done (no easy task) start work on the engine

mapping.

Not heard of these ECU map CD's on ebay before???

EDIT- Looks quite limited as to what you can do and not GTi compliant either-EDIT

I would say get the correct ECU for the engine and tune that if you

fancy a go, it should be much more rewarding and much less costly

on stuffed engines that way!

Edited by MattEB