Advice please lads if you dont mind

ColdehGTi

OK, not posted much on here.

Used to own a polo gti, which i loved!

Sold it to buy a A3 1.8T, but felt it was too dated and lacked soul.

Have just sold the A3 today and really fancy a Lupo GTI

Can anyone give me a rough idea of things to look out for, how much should I be paying also?

I dont mind the age, 2001/2002 would be ideal, less then 50k miles would be nice...

Silver only.

Thanks alot guys!

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Cant believe you sold that Polo, bloody nice motor you had there.

Not surprised you sold the Audi

Regarding the Lupo's, you looking for 6 speeder?

Theres plenty of things to look for as on all cars, xenons working?doors clicking?cambelt done?Leaky rear wash motor in boot?bonnet release broke?high level brake light working?... theres more i just can't remember

Good luck im sure you'll find a good one

Tom

good choice with the gti wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> bubbling paint on spoiler and boot handle, and the rest as tom says really, 3rd brake lights tend to leak and break. obvious things as well really like making sure the cambelts been done if your going for one around that age.

i paid £6900 for my gti 2001 33k on the clock from a VW dealer so i got all kinds of goodies thrown in as well as a years warrenty. so tbh if you can afford it id go for one from a dealer, ive certainly used my warrenty to its full advantage!

Jen x

Every car has problems. The Lupo has not terrible (like engines seizing) but several minor ones. I've had mine nearly 3.5 years and it's been great. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Its actually quite hard finding a lupo gti biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The sales section is quite hard to look at on this forum, would be nice if it was more divided up...

Lupo gti section, other models, parts, random stuff...

I remember your old polo gti well phil, I used to have one myself but sold it to get a lupo and found it to be everything the polo should have been, but wasn't. It's a proper little gti and makes me smile every journey !

Thats what I was hoping, is it a similar speed or much faster?

The difference between the two is quite noticable, the extra weight in the polo making it feel quite sluggish were as my lupo feels gutsy. This may be down to the fact the the brakes were always binding on the polo so could have been slowing it down a bit, but I think alot of people on the uk-polos forum complain of sluggish performance, especially at low revs. The stated 0-100 of the lupo is about 22 seconds where as the polo is about 27, and I would say this is about right.

The lupo will be much quicker on the twisty stuff, it has a lovely gearshift and much better steering than the polo, and generally just a lot of fun !