Gearbox whine - how much?

lofty

My Lupo 1.0 5 speed has got a bit of a whiney gearbox, all gears select fine at the moment and its not urgent that its fixed but i'd like to get an idea of costs for a fix/refurb/replacement?

How compatible is the box with other VW box's? I hear the polo boxes are fairly compatible?

Thanks in advance for any help!

My Lupo 1.0 5 speed has got a bit of a whiney gearbox, all gears select fine at the moment and its not urgent that its fixed but i'd like to get an idea of costs for a fix/refurb/replacement?

How compatible is the box with other VW box's? I hear the polo boxes are fairly compatible?

Thanks in advance for any help!

my 1 litre does that too, check the oil and then imagine its a straight cut dog-box, racing style~!!!

polo box will fit fine just check year and fitting is same as yours,as they changed the gear linkages that fit to the box

just replaced the one on my arosa 1.4 the noise was like a wrc rally car at full chat.diff bearings at fault couldent turn box by hand blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> omg, so if your gearbox whines badly, i take it thats a bad sign confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> my little french sh***er is whining like a cat with no legs, i just thought checking the gearbox oil would sort it sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />