My Poor Lui Lupo

Driving back from a friends house last night i had trouble getting my GTI into 4th. Then it started making this grinding noise and i could smell what smelt like a burning clutch.

PUlled off the road and waited for the RAC to come check it out and the bloke who turned up said that the hydraulic for the clutch has broke??

U can get it into gear with the engine off but with the engine on it wont go into any gear sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

The car is now at VW in southend and im waiting for them to call me back to let me know what is up with him.

Anyone else had this kinda problem with their GTI?

OH it was £79+VAT for them to just look at it blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

OH it was £79+VAT for them to just look at it blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Don't start me off about the cost of 'authorised' VW garages. rant.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rant:" border="0" alt="rant.gif" />

Hard luck about clutch, hope it's not too bank-breaking.