my 1.4 TDi

big_red_onion

good evning ppl i past ma test on fri yay. i have already had a close shave reversin in2 a wall bt am a great driva goin 4wardz bt ma 1.4 sport TDi aint keepin up. im 17 so am skint bt need 2 mod old bessie (my car)! please help wid modz and part that i could use n rekonedations plaz

Cheerz

BIG RED

I'll tell you what.

Write that out again in English and we'll see if we can help wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Some of us here are too old to understand text speak.

While it just annoys everyone else.

Welcome.

good evning ppl i past ma test on fri yay. i have already had a close shave reversin in2 a wall bt am a great driva goin 4wardz bt ma 1.4 sport TDi aint keepin up. im 17 so am skint bt need 2 mod old bessie (my car)! please help wid modz and part that i could use n rekonedations plaz

translated ~~~~~

good evenig people. i past my test on friday yay! i have already had a close shave reversing into a wall but am a great driver going forwards but my 1.4 sport TDi is not keeping up. im 17 so am short of money but need to mod/tune my car. please could you help me with rekomended modifications!

Cheerz

BIG RED

Thanks Red.

If you do a search around this tuning section theres plenty of threads.

Infact theres two with replys from today on the TDI to look at.

Do you think its wise to jump straight in with the mods?

The engine is pretty nipy to start with, your not going to get much more out of it without a remap, and even then it will mostly be to smooth the power delivery, not really give you that much more power.

I would suggest starting with the suspention, give it a year to get a years no claims before messing with the engine.

At least contact your insurer and get a quote for the car having a remap.

I think you may find it costing too much to make it worth while right now.

Remove badges / change VW badges to black ones.

Short aerial.

Gti pedals and gearknob (though get the 5 speed one as pretending to have 6 is crap).

German style number plates.

Smoked headlights, front indicators.

Gti style wipers.

Panel filter / remap (though remap is getting away from the cheap modifications)

All cheap modifications that are subtle and not over the top.