Hazardous lights function not working, blinkers ok though

Rossibba

Screenshot_2023-08-02-21-53-30-964_com.whatsapp.thumb.jpg.a5ab02a38737a6c94ac6179034f583d6.jpgHi Guys, as I was recently working on my 2001 vw lupo 1.4 TDI, I've bought an aftermarket central locking and I was working hard to figure out the entire installation, while trying to identify the indicator light cables in order to connect it to the device, I disconnected the hazardous light switch and I used the paper clip trick to cause an intended short circuit and try out the cables, unfortunately I must've connected the wrong cables in the process.

What happened: I connected pin 4 to pin 5 and the ashtray light turn on for a few seconds, and then I heard a bad noise, like sparkles coming from my speedometer, the indicator risen up to 20km/h even though the vehicle wasn't moving and then came back to 0 after I got really scared and instinctively removed the paper clip, I immediately  turned on the car and went for a trst drive to make sure I didn't burn the whole speedometer, luckily it still works fine.

I thought it was all fine but when I installed the hazardous light switch back in I noticed that by pressing it the hazardous light wouldn't work, which is strange, because individually the right and left indicator work perfectly.

I've tried checking for the speedometer and indicator fuses but they're still good

My diagnosis would be that I either burned a cable inside the car somewhere or a fuse which I cannot find.

Please I need help to understand how I can fix this by myself, let me know if you had a similar problem or the same and how you found the solution.

I'll be waiting for help here guys please let me know.

Screenshot_2023-08-02-21-53-30-964_com.whatsapp.jpg

IMG_20230708_155655.jpg