Central locking / Central convenience control unit problems?

LG1971

• REQUIRED

Hello there,

I have a VW Fox Urban 1.4 2007, I have a faulty boot lock where I can only open the boot manually with the key, the central locking will lock and unlock the boot, but you cannot physically open the boot unless you use the key. one part (5Z6 827 505 AF) was replaced but the fault happened again. I am not sure if this is linked or separate to the other issues?

I also have the drivers lock sticking, so although the key fob works to lock and unlock the door, I cannot physically open the door as the lock does not "pop up" completely. I can only get it to open with the key, gently turning it back and forth, interestingly, when I do this the windows open on both the driver and passenger side. This fault generally is a winter problem but this has happened for the last 2 winters and is getting worse. The electric windows have been replaced on both the drivers and passenger doors. I wondered if there is an issue on the fitting?

Now, the pixelated display is faulty, and only half of the display is visible.

I have been told it could be the central convenience control unit, any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

• Reason for edit