BMC kit - anyone want a group buy?

tdwindustries

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to www.pologti.com and go to the DIY section of the forum there is a guide to fitting it to a POlo GTi(Lupo GTi having the same engine). The photos look like there not working but if you right klick 'em and go into properties and paste there address into the address bar they'll work. sorry but I can't get the page to link!

I have PMed gargoil as he knows the hose required and has seen some on eBay. M1 Lupo (I think) `re-routed` the fuel lines using samco tubing so could get easy fit down to front air intake....

as far as I know you need:

1 x junior hacksaw

1 x socket set

1 x allen key set (pref one which fits deep into the airbox)

1 x screwdriver set

1 x jubilee clip

1 length of 70mm hosing

1 length of fuel line

1 x knife

maybe few cable ties and the like

cigarettes and tea

to connect the filter to the engine you need a 90 deg. `70mm-63mm` reducer and two jubilee clips! on the other side of the filter it is all 70mm. I think best is a 135 deg. 70mm elbow and a straight 70mm bit to take it to the front of your car. You'll need 3 jubilee clips and a 70mm hose joiner!

You can also make a cold air feed come up from the bottom front drivers side of the engine bay but you'll need a max of a 60mm diameter flexi hose if you don't want to shift things about down there and a `70-60mm` hose joiner reducer and more jubilee clips. this is what I've done,M1Lupo has a better feed coming from down there but you need to move stuff around!

I've shifted things about a few times as I've had the BMC to the passenger side of the engine for a while but changed it back as it wasn't supported very well and suppose I'm happy with it now.

Remember the samco stuff is well expensive for what it is!

yeah it is, but the samco stuff makes it look better see Poobahs pics! In the kit you'll get BMC filter, 90 degree elbow, 3 jubilee clips, bracket to support filter and screws to attach, feed hosing, filter for crankcase breather! thats all you need to connect like this.....

DSCF0022.sized.jpg

Thanks Gargoil - I have made a small install guide document that explains the 'standard' way.

Remember that this group buy includes some jiggery pokery to allow the crank case breather to be connected back to the BMC (making that small filter redundant) up to you whether you fit it or not.

Is that just a case of leaving the standard air feed on with the warm start pipe in place and attaching the whole lot to the air box? If so....that's what I was gonna do anyway biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

ummmm.... dont think so... you CAN reuse a bit of the current 'hose' where it comes out of the BMC, but nicer to have new hosing, as for warm air feed - I dont think it will fit together right as I havent seen it done yet....

yes but i also have 11 CDA's in my hand luggage

OK the deal is this... the UK distributor and his retailer know we are buying but they are waiting to get stock for all the people who want them. I will PM everyone now to make sure everyone is still on.

So... I have checked and double checked and everyone should def. receive the CDA before Friday next week.

If anyone else wants one please PM me. We cannot actually get a final cost until the distributor has come back - apparently this will be Monday.

Fingers crossed here

No problem with you bringing mine to Festy. You got a big boot?

Wait, I know the answer to that one already... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />